Youth Workshop and Event Coordinator
Killarney Turtle Mountain Arts Council
Wage: $11.90 per hour
Duration of employment: June 29 to August 28, 2021
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist the Arts Administrator with upcoming exhibitions and workshops including writing newsletters, artist biographies, exhibition booklets and marketing materials for workshops
• Assist in the creation and development of age appropriate workshops for children aged 4 to 18
• Determine supplies required for workshops
• Deliver or assist in the delivery of workshops
• Develop age appropriate evaluations for workshop participants
• Attend to clients with special needs
• Enforce safety rules and regulations
• Compile evaluations results and complete a formal evaluation of finished workshops
• Assist with the development and implementation of visual arts and performing arts events
• Greet visitors to the gallery and provide information as required
• Administrative duties as required
To be considered for summer student employment, you must be:
• Between the ages of 15 and 30,
• Eligible to work in Canada,
• A full-time student, enrolled in full-time studies in the current Fall 2021 and Winter 2021 academic terms/year in high school or a post-secondary institution; and
• Returning to full-time studies in the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 academic terms/year.
We strongly encourage applications from students pursuing a fine arts degree and youth from Indigenous, visible minority, LGBTQ2, disability and new immigrant or refugee communities.
Closing date for applications: May 14, 2021
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Heritage Home for the Arts, 44 Water Avenue from Tuesday to Friday, 12 noon to 4:00 pm, or mailed to Box 1569, Killarney, MB, R0K 1G0.